After knitting the first babe for my friend’s daughter Kaitlyn (who named her new dolly ‘Kristi’) I was asked by my daughter when I was going to knit her dolly. Not one to disappoint, I cast on almost immediately for her little babe doll. I tried to keep this one secret from my daughter, so that meant I could only knit her at night.
I followed the same pattern as before and made a swimsuit again because my daughter was so happy about Kaitlyn’s.
Here’s a picture from the back so you can see all the hair.
I used some of the massive amount of Jojoland fingering weight wool for the hair. Don’t ask how I got so much hair on her head. You really really don’t want to know!
If you make this dolly, I’d suggest using the sturdier felt for the eyes and mouth. I used the softer stuff on Kristi and the sturdier stuff on this one and there’s a HUGE difference in both ease of sewing it and it’s potential wear-ability.
I like how this dolly’s eyes turned out much better than the first babe and I think it’s because of the sturdier felt. Judging from the reception of these dollies, I’d guess I’ll be making more in the not too distant future!
Have a great weekend!