Just like his friend’s hat, this was made using Cascade 220 Superwash. I used black (#815) and red (#809) about 3/4 ball of each color on size 7US needles. I cast on 112 sts to accommodate Tiennie’s Norwegian Star motif and hubby’s head, and went to town!
Don’t you just love the snowflakes on the snowflakes?
The hat hadn’t even been blocked yet and the hubby was out wearing it while he did some shopping. I’m so flattered! :-) It’s super icy cold here so I was very pleased to hear that his head stayed nice and toasty warm, even with a -2 wind chill!!
Even though it looks it, there isn’t a wonky line of stitches there… the hat is just situated oddly because it was so flippin cold when I tried to get the picture! chop chop!
Hubby didn’t want an earflap hat, but he loved the ‘snowflake’ from Tiennie’s hats, so I had to improvise a very tiny bit. I think EZ would be pleased, don’t you? Tiennie, I hope you don’t mind! I had a lot more trouble with this chart than the first EZ chart, only because my fair isle skills are non-existent. The chart itself was written PERFECTLY! The trouble was entirely due to operator error. In fact, if any of you experienced knitters would have watched me knit the two charts (one in each color) it’s likely you would have keeled over on the floor, doubled up in fits of laughter. I’m okay with that, though… I think the end result is good enough for my skill set and more importantly, Hubby likes it. It’s a win-win as far as I’m concerned!
I assume this will be my last FO for the year, but you never know. Suffice it to say that I don’t have any plans to finish anything else this year. I am hoping to post a year-in-review sometime after Christmas and before the new year, so if you’re interested, stay tuned!